Monday, May 21, 2012

Sick

After being sick and home from daycare for a week, the kids were finally healthy again.  For a week.  And then Fin threw up.  In the car.  On the way to daycare.  This morning.  And I feel terrible not only because she was sick and now the car smells like throw up, but because I KNEW she was sick.  I knew I should be keeping her home but since I was home from work with the kids so much the last time they were sick, well, I simply prioritized work over Fin.  And I feel like an asshole.

But now that I'm home with her, I feel like an asshole for not being at work.  The common theme here being me feeling like an asshole and no matter what I do, I'm letting someone, somewhere down.  I know that no one thinks I'm an asshole but part of being a working mom is this desire to do it all.  To somehow be able to wrap my arms around everything and keep everything managed and controlled and wow.  I just.  Can't.  Do it.

So the kids are parked in front of the tv (Finley, of course, feels much better now that she's thrown up and is back to her usual mischievous self) and I'm scrambling trying to keep up with email.

And it's raining!  So today, frankly you can kiss my ass.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Being a mom is hard, no matter what your work status is. Letting go of the need to do it all is even harder (especially for us Type-A's). Stay strong and let me know if there is anything I can do to help (aside from cleaning up a pukey car)! xoxox